Everyone has issues with feeling sexy from time to time. And if they tell you they don’t they are lying. Even the people you see in magazines have the feeling that they are not pretty. The world is a tough place to live in now a days. Everyone is worried about what others think of them and it gets overwhelming. I, myself have this issue all the time. But I have figured out a way to challenge the thoughts that I am not as good as the next women sitting beside me and you can too.
The thing is you do not have to make anyone happy but you. Once you figure out how to let the opinions of others go life gets easier. The world seems a little less stressful and you get a little less tense. I had to figure this out the hard way. It took years to learn to love myself and be happy with me. I always worried what others thought of me and if I was good enough for them. Was I skinny enough for them? Was I making them proud to know me? I found out that until I made myself happy, none of that mattered. I am not saying that the people that you are close to do not matter. I just mean you need to put yourself first. Then the rest just falls into place. If you love yourself, feeling sexy and beautiful will come too. Here are some things that I do to help myself feel sexy for myself and my partner….
- I do not compare myself to anyone. I have come to the realization that I am me and no one can be me. I am my own person and that is the only thing that matters.
- TV Actress/Actors are human. Actress on TV have twenty or so people that are hired to make them look the way they do. So unless I want to get up at 4 am every morning to look like I just walked off a movie set, I’ll pass lol.
- No one can love me if I do not love myself. This is a hard one for me and I am sure for others. It took a long time to love myself. Life hasn’t always been easy and I beat myself up a lot for past events. But with a little bit of help I am able to love myself and look at myself as a sexy confident women.
- Sending stext messages to my partner. Nothing makes me feel sexier than sending a sexy text to my partner. It doesn’t even have to be dirty. Just something like that I am thinking of him in the business outfit he wore yesterday. But the texts that go a step further telling him/her what you would like to do to them also helps. It starts a conversation that makes you and them feel like your as sexy as a model on the runway! (my personal opinion anyway lol)
- Having a supportive partner. Anyone that knows me knows that I am head over heels for my partner. He makes me feel sexy even at my worst state (like in the mornings with bad breath and messy hair!) But seriously, he treats me the way a women should be treated. What I am trying to tell you is do not be with someone that tears you down. You need a partner that builds you up no matter what. Having that person in your life that makes you feel like you are sexy and beautiful in every way, makes you feel empowered to do more for yourself.
- Let go….. I am so serious. Life is too short to not take risks. So try on that sexy outfit or turn the lights down low in your bedroom and listen to some soft sexy music (while putting lotion on your legs, trust me it works). Being sexy is not just a look, it is a feeling too. You do not need to have a partner to feel sexy. You just need to know you are a rock star worthy of all the sexiness that comes with being you.
I know we all have that time in our lives that we think we are too old or the kids always come first. But you need to realize that even thought the kids are very important in your life, you need to take care of you and your needs. Life does not stop because we have children. We just have to work harder to maintain our sexiness! You can do this! Let me know your tips for feeling sexy or what you do to keep the sexiness within you alive!